Friday, February 22, 2013

Minecraft Adaptation

I started playing Minecraft the same week I moved to a city for the first time. I started learning how to navigate crosswalks and one-way streets while I learned how to craft fences and mine ore. Unfortunately, the two started melding and I've had some strange impulses while walking around city streets pretending I know what I'm doing.


This made moving in kind of a strange experience. I kept having this strange feeling that if I just knocked out a wall and shifted it back a meter, everything would be okay.


I'm adjusting slowly to city life--when I'm walking around I look less like a domestic rabbit released on Main Street and more like I know what's going on. 

And, no matter how bad the Minecraft impulses get, it'll never beat the Load/Save hangover Morrowind left in its wake.